A New Direction

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Things You Learn

Even at 23 you still find out new things about yourself and your identity. For example, I'm Jewish....err, well, not quite. Just keep reading. It's not in the religious, practicing and racial sense. When I lived in Sydney I had a Jewish flatmate and he told me my last name is a very Jewish family name. Not long ago I talked with my dad and also learned that while none of my immediate ancestors (going back 3 or 4 generations) were Jewish we do indeed come from a pretty strong German-Jew heritage. His side of the family was Catholic and didn't have that "look" people think of when people talk about who is Jewish and who isn't. So, obviously I am a long ways removed from direct connections, but it is interesting to learn new things about my lineage and ancestral past from generations ago.

Anyone got a recipe for some good kugle?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 08 August, 2007 10:55, Blogger 1234 said…

    Jew! Eric's a Jew! Muahahaha...

    Just kidding. Actually, I think that's really cool. And now that I think of it I knew that Biederman was German-Jewish. Should've told ya before, huh?

    Mazeltov!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home