A New Direction

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Let the Training Begin

Yesterday was 1 June - the date I set for myself to begin marathon training! I started it out well enough with a 5 mile run. I hope to get into the habit of consistent exercise, proper hydration and healthy diet. Compare this to running when I feel like it, the occasional glass of water and smores poptarts for brekkie, chips and salsa for lunch and counting one banana as all I need for fruit each day. I hate to even mention all the alcohol and sweets I consume throughout the week. Though the former lifestyle is harder and takes a lot more commitment, it feels a whole lot better than the latter one described. Unless I wanna watch my entrance fee go down the drain, I'm committed to the run. Gotta stick with it!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home