A New Direction

Friday, March 23, 2007

Melbourne!

I arrived in Melbourne last night from Alice Springs with no idea where I was staying or even how to get to the city. I got the last bed in the first hostel I went to. See, it all works out when you travel. That was only for last night though. So when I checked out today, the guy infront of me in the queue decided to check out early, so I was able to pick up his bed (at a cheaper rate!) and I don''t have to move for a couple of days. Just now I was looking online for AFL tickets -the entire reason I have even come to Melbourne- and discovered the premiership doesn't start until next weekend, which is when I leave! I thought I had fucked up big time but turns out the first game of the season is Friday night at the MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground) so I am off to find myself a ticket before they vanish. I believe it will be a derby between Melbourne and the kangaroos (North Melbourne). I also need to figure out what to do for the rest of the week. I'm thinking the great ocean walk but the logistics for this are a bit difficult at the moment. Ya never know, it all seems to work out in the end.

I'll try to get posts about Adelaide and the Red Centre up in a few days and I need to do some Admin work too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home