A New Direction

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The last month in Australia

Melbourne - Grampians - Melbourne - Cairns - Atherton - Cairns - Sydney. Los Angeles. Plus Catch up from Adelaide. There is a lot of blogging to be done. And to be honest I've been lazy with my time in L.A. I slept in every day so far, rarely weeking up before noon. I'm sure I needed it with the wild time and day changes. I go home to Minneapolis tomorrow and I am looking forward to it. I started writing a mass email to basically everyone I know in the slightest, but when I got into it I didn't know what to say. I thought there might be some meta/grandiose moral of the story I could type out that was a culmination of the last year and a half but I am having a hard time thinking of something that isn't really corny. So maybe I will or maybe I won't finish and send it out. It will be nice to go home for an indefinite amount of time but to be honest, there is nothing there I miss that much that would stop me from continuing the travels, if I had the resources. Sure I miss people and things while I'm on the other side of the world, but they won't be anywhere I can't get to when I get home. For now though, I'm stopping.

I probably won't go work in Vancouver, but if anyone is up for a roadtrip I'd head that way, then south. I have a 3-5 year plan in my head that is very susceptible to change at the moment. You can ask me about that when I see you. For the next 3-5 months I look forward to: summer in Minneapolis (one of the greatest combinations ever), playing ultimate (because they'd rather get pissed in Sydney), catching up on world news and politics, resuming my studies/rantings on peak oil calamities and catching up with everyone.

2 Comments:

  • At 01 May, 2007 08:31, Blogger 1234 said…

    Hey, no, you're fine. You didn't use my real name. It's more a combination of people knowing who I am and that I am me. Random girl with kitty name in the TC isn't scary. =) I don't mind if random people read my blog, or if people who know me don't know it's me. =)

     
  • At 05 May, 2007 08:08, Blogger 1234 said…

    And btw, LET'S GO TO VANCOUVER!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home