A New Direction

Thursday, November 02, 2006

On My Way

I think I've been enjoying myself a bit much the last week and a half. Most nights are spent in the bar(s) with all the people I have met. Most days are spent wandering about Sydney or sitting the park or sitting on the beach. It is all very nice. I do however have a place to live now! And am quite happy about that because long term hostel living is not for me, even though I enjoy meeting other travellers.

I was told before I moved to Australia, that when I get to Sydney I would have a very British experience. The person who told me this was not wrong. I have met so many English, Welsh and Scots the last 2 weeks that I've come to realise they are all over here and not in the UK. There are ofcourse Dutch and Germans in large numbers too.

Still no job. Meh. That will come soon enough. I do look forward to working again though. Earning money and planning my travels (and then doing said travels) is just as good as getting pissed and sunning on the beach. A few long hiking treks through the bush, a few islands, NZ, surfing and a white sand beach holiday look promising. If I only had more money and another month.... so much to do here!

I have seen my first few bits of wildlife too! Loads of Blueys (blue bottle jellyfish - not killer) were washing up on shore when I was at the beach wednesday and yesterday I saw hundreds of giant bats hangning out (hahaha!) in central Sydney. As long as I don't see any snakes, or spiders that are the size of my hand I should be OK.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home