A New Direction

Friday, September 01, 2006

Welcome to my 100th post

I have returned from the wild wild west. Plains were crossed, mountains were climbed (via switchbacks!) bison were seen, sulfur was smelled, nature was photgraphed, salt flats and ugly states were crossed, pools were swam in and alcohol was consumed. All in all quite a good time. It is really quite a nice way to see the country by car, even though it takes a long time and is becoming increasingly expensive. But really, Yellowstone is better than Disney World.

I took a red eye from San Fran this morning and should be back for good. Err, until I leave again that is. Speaking of which, I am now officially going to Australia!!! I have finally received all of my confirmation and predeparture information. I heaved a big sigh of relief over that as I had several thousand dollars riding on me getting allowed into the country (and I am soooo happy my British Immigration mess didn't make its way into the picture).

I have a rough day tomorrow; there are two things I need to accomplish: get to the liquor store and get to the party. I am sure there is a lot more I could do, I just want to revel in the remaining days of my long term unemployment. I start working again Tuesday on what could be a boring 3-4 week assignment. I will be working at a bus company. I started every sentence of this paragraph with the letter/word "I."

A final word of advice: eat at Harry Singh's Caribbean Restaurant.

1 Comments:

  • At 03 September, 2006 20:37, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have several thousand dollars riding on getting to Australia??!!!

    What are you a drug dealer? Do you know where buried treasure is? What the hell?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home