A New Direction

Friday, October 20, 2006

And I'm Off!

In 11 and a half hours I will be flying to Denver, then LA and finally onto Sydney. It is more of a 2 day time-warp. It only seems a few days ago that I arrived home from London and the rest of Europe wrecked, disheveled and completely misplaced, wondering how I was to pass the next 2 months. It went fast and I got to see people I hadnt seen for about a year. One of my goals was to relax, refocus and get ready for Australia. I can tell you I am no more prepared to move to Sydney now than compared with 2 months ago. Oh well, at least I got my bags packed.

Yes, there are butterflies in my stomach, I am scared outta my mind (just a bit) and have been a bit jittery the last two days. That all leaves me wondering how I will get to sleep tonight; and I probably won't. The only planning I have going for me is a voucher that gets me a shuttle to a hostel - and that is for two nights. Past that the rest is unknown. I have no job and no flat. So in a sense it is quite similar to London, but I knew London incredibly well before moving back there. This is new and naturally makes me nervous, but I am doing it anyways and everything will turn out fine.

Thanks to everyone who came out to Sweeney's tonight, I definitely appreciate it. See you in 6 or 7 months!

Also, don't be shy and email me your mailing address.

2 Comments:

  • At 22 October, 2006 10:55, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Eric-

    Sorry I missed your party on Friday, hope you have another gerat adventure. Looking forward to hearing all your stories again soon!

     
  • At 23 October, 2006 18:00, Blogger Adam said…

    You are there! How was the journey? Everything going as planned (stupid question because I know you had loads of plans)? Nice weather and beaches?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home