A New Direction

Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Overlander

During my stay in Kilronan on the Aran Islands in Ireland, I met a guy named Mark. Upon seeing him and what he was doing I asked the question I am now positive everyone asks him whilst travelling (he has a big camera and various pieces of equipment): "Are you making a movie?" Turns out that he was. Mark is from Australia, outside Melbourne in the south I believe and works and travels the world as an independent film maker. He told me about his projects; he goes all over a ocuntry looking for people with interesting stories to interview, basically asks why they live there and what they like about it. He has covered Australia quite extensively and when I met him was filming for his Ireland series. Spain and Vietnam are next - ambitious! It is a neat project and also gives me a better appreciation for travel. For if I had not wandered about to random places such as the Aran Islands I would not have met this guy and not been able find these new things. Here is the website where is Doco's are hosted. I highly recommend watching at least intro video to Australia. After that you will probably sit infront of your computer and watch everything else, same as me! Enjoy.

2 Comments:

  • At 11 October, 2006 15:26, Blogger Jeff said…

    I love the theme song!

     
  • At 15 October, 2006 14:24, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Eric

    Thanks for the kind words.

    Im currently in Spain, unfortunately my camera is being repaired ( a month already!!) so irish videos wont be edited until I return home in January. But I still hope to shoot stories in Spain and Vietnam.

    Adios

    Mark, the overlander

     

Post a Comment

<< Home