A New Direction

Monday, October 01, 2007

Marathon Info

Less than 6 days until I push my body as far as it has ever gone! I'll be running in the Twin Cities Marathon Sunday, October 7th - 26.2 miles / 42 kilometres through what has to be one of the most beautiful urban courses in the US. Over the last week I've had a lot of people ask me if I am any of the following: nervous, scared, anxious, pumped, excited, ready or any other similar feeling one might have a week before his or her first marathon. The answer is d. all of the above. Right now I am ready and waiting but I can feel the anxiety growing each day. It kept me up last night. A bit over a week ago I ran 22 miles, so I know I can do it, barring any surprises (injury, illness, etc.) and it is just a matter of when I finish. My heart says just over 4 hours, head says just under 5. Though I do look at the route map and think "that is a long ways!"

Here is some info you might want to know if you are planning on coming out to cheer us all on. First, a map (PDF) of the route. The race officially starts at 8 in the morning. I start in wave 2 and am aiming for 10 minute miles or less for most of the course. I will be wearing my white running shoes, black Adidas shorts with white stripes and my purple ultimate jersey (purple reign). Bib # is 2899. There are 10,000 people running and even more spectating but there is plenty of curbside for all of the action. Post here, facebook, txt me, whatever if you are gonna come cheer. Let me know where you will be so I can maybe keep an eye out for you. Though with an 8am start time I might be just waking up as I come into mile 15 or so.

I don't know my splits, I am just going to run.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home