A New Direction

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Life is good

It is almost 6, and I am still at work. Not exactly the first thing you would expect to read after seeing the above title. Thing is, I have been drinking Stella and Kronenbourg since 5, as well as consuming large quantities of pizza. Awesome. Arsenal and Barcelona play in the Champions league final tonight in Paris. I can't wait for a clash between two of the most amazing strikers in the world: Henry and Ronaldinho.

My weekend was pretty good, especially for not having a single plan. I think Bricklane has become my official London hangout. I find this quite amusing because I remember from London Business Semester a project that Rex gave us where we had to go to 3 markets and comment/analyse them a bit, Bricklane being one of them. Everyone has a mostly negative reaction to Bricklane (at least the market) and 2 or so years later, I am going there almost twice a week. Went to the usual club Friday and got home late. This gorgeous Indian chick was there whom I had met a number of weeks ago and we talked a bit which was cool. More on that later, and how I fail with women in general.

I spent saturday at the Museum of London and walking around finding all of the old Roman sites in proper London. About the only notable item that still exists is an old wall. That night we all ordered pizza, drank and then went out. Typical Saturday night activity.

Sunday was my big grocery store trip and Ultimate down in Hyde Park. I am starting to lose my "game" as I have been slacking quite a bit the last few months and it is showing. As long as I can stay here over summer I should get back to my normal level of play. Rhitik called me and said I should come back because we were going to, guess where? Bricklane yet again. He, Mario and I met up with the others (Louie, Sophie, Meeta, do you even care about names?) at another club where this Hindi hip hop group did a gig that was a cross between spokenword, prose and songs. It was quite comical at times and I was surprisingly impressed. After that the dancing started and I was once again on my way to being pissed. I ended up dancing with hot Indian girl for a while and that was awesome, but I realised once I got home that I didn't even get a number. I find myself torn because on the one hand, I just don't really care at this point, and on the other it would have been sweet to get it and Rhitik took the mick out of me all the way home while I talked to Mike in the US.

Oh well. I potentially only have 5 weeks left in this country anyways. My goodness that went fast! Infact, I think my return flight to the US is on the 24th of May. Too bad I have 4 trips booked after that date. Hmm, seems as though I wont be coming back for a while..... more on that later, though I think most of my dear readers already know what I have planned for the next 12-15 months of my life.

The flat search is going like shit and I think my flatmates who are moving out tonight stole my Absolut (probably on accident) so I have to go get it back, but I probably won't cause I am going out to watch the Champions League final. Bugger.

I'm gonna go look for some more beer. For real this time, by the end of the week I should have "big news." Ta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home