A New Direction

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Oh No!

So it turns out that the flat situation is worse than I imagined yesterday (see below post). Ony my way home from work last night I met Rhitik at the station who was on the phone with our landlord and we found out what happened. I live in the top part of our house. The float valve water storage tank for the flat below broke, causing massive flooding from the room to the ground floor (think an engine being flooded to due stuck float valves in the carbs, a common problem with my old motorcycle and the reason it was constantly in pieces in my driveway!) with inches of water. And after we just got a nice new bathroom floor! Last night I discovered all of my tea was ruined, the paper towels I bought were drenched, but fortunately most everything else was spared. The electrics work again, except the bathroom light. Shower by candle light now I guess. Long story short, we have a months notice to move out. Our landlord is renovating our flat because pretty much everything needs replacement: floorboards, electrics, carpet, paint, plumbing. Just when I was getting settled too, well I got settled a while ago, but I hate moving. Nowhere in London will I find a flat for that cheap, in as good, safe and quiet a neighbourhood, and still get me to work in 30 minutes on public transport. And looking for places to live is a pain in the ass. Bugger.

I guess this a post where I bitch, but I think I deserve to at least do that.

1 Comments:

  • At 25 April, 2006 17:33, Blogger Adam said…

    Tough break sir! What are you going to do? Come home to the States??? Let me know how everything works out for you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home