A New Direction

Thursday, January 19, 2006

50th Post!

It's like an anniversary, or not. I am just finishing up my first day of work. With your wonderous powers of deduction you will have realised by now that I have a job! Awesome! One month of unemployment holiday was getting old so I took a job. I work in the finance dept. of a large travel firm called Travel 2 . It is owned by the same large firm that owns a ton of other real estate and travel agent companies throughout the world- Cendant. My job is basically to pay bills. Go A/P!!! Travel 2 is basically a travel agent's travel agent. They do long haul, tailor-made vacation packages for destinations all over the world. The US division is called Travel 4. Employee discount?

My interview for the job was pretty crazy. It was at 13h30 Tuesday afternoon so I get there at 13h20. After 25 minutes of waiting no one had come down to get me. I got a call from my recruiter asking where I was. Apparently the receptionist didn't realise that while I was waiting in the lobby, they were all waiting for me in a conference room. Off to a great start! I had three interviewers: a woman from Germany, a man from Portugal and a woman from South Africa (my boss). Whoa! International intimidation. My good looks and sharp dress put me over the top and I found out later that night I would start Thursday.

Two day work week, and half the days are casual Friday. Booyah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home