A New Direction

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

London

I'm here, sitting at an internet cafe on tottenham court rd. about 4 blocks from where I used to go to school. Flights were fine, windy whilst landing in DC. The pond hop was uneventful. Just had dinner at Pret a Manger.

There isn't a lot else to comment on. I took a nap after dragging my luggage around west kensington.

Oh, I failed miserably at getting cash from the first cash point I visited. I couldn't even figure out how to get my card into the slot, which is funny because I had used the exact same machine numerous times 2 years ago. Maybe I shouldn't write about how I don't know how to operate an ATM and expect to work in finance/accounting field. Meh.

The sights and smells and sounds are all very strong. I feel very at home here. I barely had to use a map to get around streets or tubes. Was never nervous once, everything happened so smoothly after stepping off the plane. Which is good.

Now comes the hard part: flat and job. I have a mobile set up, email me at ejbiederman@gmail.com to get it from me. Its via tmobile, so maybe calling on your tmobile phones will be less expensive? I dunno. Next post I will hopefully be not living in a hotel.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home