A New Direction

Friday, January 23, 2009

Am I in the United States?

My president speaks complete sentences, and is of mixed race. There are orders coming out of said president's office closing down prisons that hold people without trial and check the wages of the highest earners on his staff. Word on the street is the war in Iraq is ready to enter a new phase: the beginning of the end. Pinch me, I am dreaming. For this is unreal.

My front tire went flat yesterday riding home - right as I rode up to Hennepin Ave station. I don't want to sully my road bike and have been rather lazy to walk over to the bike store by my house to buy a new tube so I have been using my car to get around. I hate the thing. Ice builds up on the inside of my winshield so that I have to use the scraper to get it off. And that barely works.

I signed up for a photography newletter that assigns a weekly homework assignment and offers tips, tricks and other ideas. I figure if I read about it and am reminded by it, perhaps I can keep up with my resolution. I was walking through downtown during lunch today through one particular building and realised I have to come back and shoot some photos - it has a rather unique interior (Butler Sq. Building). I remember walking through it with my dad as a kid getting to the Target Center via the skyways. It still looks impressive!

Here are some cool things I found on the interwebs today:
Obameter: Tracking Obamas promises.
Zip (de) Code fun!

Things to do this week: get my library card. I've been stalling on that for 2 months after not having on since junior high.

Wolf Creek Waterfall at Banning State Park, MN.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home