A New Direction

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Materialistic Buying Spree

I am typing from one of those computers that fits on your lap. I've never had anything like this before - was always a huge fan of the mega fast desktops - so it's taken some time to get used to. I say I've become a bit materialistic over the few weeks, but I really haven't. It started months ago. On returning home from OZ there were three big ticket items I wanted: a digital camera, a laptop and a road bicycle. In the last two weeks I have bid and won the first two from eBay. I should have bought a nice digital SLR camera years ago. Since shooting on my A-1(which was awesome) I have probably spent just as much money on film, developing and accessories (goddamn batteries) as I have on the new camera and one starter and one decent lens. Plus there was no flash on my 35mm - annoying! And no photo review, which if you have seen my flickr page, there are quite a lot of "experimental" shots that would have been nice to take a look at right after, not 8 months later! So now I have fancy electronic gizmos to keep me occupied for the next few weeks - just to figure them out. And so far there has been no cognitive dissonance in regards to these purchases! Next big purchase will be closing out the whole of my student loan. Debt free! I've worked my ass off all summer so I deserve this =)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home