A New Direction

Thursday, November 17, 2005

This Just In:

So I wasn't planning on blogging for a while as I am working on a couple of lengthy articles and reviews but I just read this and wanted to share it with anyone who reads here, it's quite brief.

From the Kuwait Times

It begins. My quick reactions to this are as follows: Energy policy analysts have relied on Burgan for X number of barrels output for the next 40 years. When these forecasts fail, the forecasters turn to the Saudi's to make up for supply side loss. Aramco now has even more pressure to maintain high production much like the Kuwait fields and producers have had to deal with. But Aramco is presently dealing with declining production issues in its mature fields, not in finding and developing new capacity. Burgan is the second largest field known in the world, when will the rest show signs of the inevitable?

I'll probably still make random posts about how my volvo is awesome, the objects in interoffice mail I continue to receive from SanFrancisco or how I dressed up as the statue of liberty at work so fear not dear readers! Ill be back soon enough. I leave with a question. Is there a term or word to describe someone or a person who is...ignorantly dependent on technology? Sort of the antonym for luddite, but not quite...know what I mean? Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home