A New Direction

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Soc. Sec.

I went to a forum on Social Security tonight where there were some rather prominent panelists. I don't really even know where to begin. The issue is so mammoth and complex, I dont know how to tackle it myself. In short, the problems are easy to listen to but hard to repeat. Before attending I was informed enough to be able to critique and partially respond to arguments and point our pros, cons or flaws in possible solution or directions to what needs to be done to socsec, all on a limited basis. Now I feel much more comfortable talking and have some stronger responses to the idea of privatised accounts and this enormous entity that is Social Security. That's a big project I think though. It will all come in time.

I am close to finishing the oil myth piece so I hope that'll be up in a few days.

Oh, the panelists were: Tim Penny (senior fellow at the U of M), Eric Hoplin (college repubs, other stuff), Bill Moore (afl-cio) and David Hage (star trib editorial writer- and probably my favourite panelist, meaning the best spoken, best ideas, thoughtful, practical et cetera)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home