A New Direction

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Blackgold

I created a small oilfield in my driveway today. I had drained my motorcycle synthetic into an oil pan and let it sit there for a while. The motorcycle eventually started resting on it and I guess I never put the plugs back in. Well it rained quite heavily for a few days over the last two weeks and this rain water drained into the pan. Since I have been reading Twilight in the Desert I have learned that natural oil reservoir pressure usually comes from an aquifer located underneath the oil. The oil and rain water in the pan proved this because when I opened up the plugs (wellbore valves if you will) oil gushed out of the pan freely. Not at the rate or pressure of Ghawar or anything. But to the point where it wouldnt go back in. Then I had an oil spill on my hands and some environmentalists came over to my driveway and beat me up for damaging my driveway's ecosystem.

I'd also like to give a big thumbs down to the city of Roseville. Two reasons: for existing and for leading me to a HHW materials drop site that does not exist.

Today is completely awesome outside so I went biking for ways and ran around Harriet. Best run in quite some time as there was no muscle tension that developed and I think I covered the three miles in about 25 minutes. Pretty fast for this guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home